If Australia Post goes broke, it won’t be because I didn’t support them. (By the way Mr M, you probably should stop reading now.)
Moving back to the country has been amazing on so many levels and I would struggle to live in a city again – I love the space, the fresh air, the privacy, the sound of nature unhindered by traffic. However, I do miss popping down to the shops during my lunch break for some retail therapy.
Of course, many regional towns have gorgeous shops filled with unique treasures, which I’ve covered in my piece about small town, big style. I have also developed beautiful relationships with a few regional boutiques who may or may not let me know when something Mrs M might like arrives in store (hint, one rhymes with Bella Yorke).
But now that I work from home, I’ve also embraced the world of online shopping.
Here are four of my favourite online places of wonderment for clothes shopping – they all deliver on the three services which I think are critical for rural shoppers:
- Quick delivery
- Customer support
- Great returns policy
Shop: My Friend Alice
- Go here for: Beautiful frocks and detailed information about cut, fit and size.
- Best bits: Friendly service (the gorgeous Melissa is quick to respond to any queries and has great advice about sizing) and quick postage. The little sweet treat Melissa pops in every parcel also makes me smile. Chocolate + clothes? Perfect.
- What I’ve bought lately: Polka dots and stripes? Be still my beating heart. This Elm number is the perfect throw-on-and-go dress.
- Go here for: Classic pieces from head to toe
- Best bits: Speedy postage (free express for orders over $200), an incredible returns policy of 365 days (that’s right, one year) to return for a refund or exchange, and the lovely hand-written notes in every parcel.
- What I’ve bought lately: A navy wool vest, for layered warmth this winter.
Shop: The Iconic
- Go here for: On-trend style and some great bargains in the frequent sales.
- Best bits: Speedy postage (free for orders over $50) and a clever returns policy of 100 days for an exchange, full refund or 110% store credit.
- What I’ve bought lately: A cosy cardi with leather buckle detailing.
Shop: St Frock
- Go here for: Affordable frocks in every shape and colour
- Best bits: Quick postage (free over $40) and plenty of under-$100 styles.
- What I’ve bought lately: This gorgeous floral shirtdress. I may or may not also have it in a red and black version.
Do you have any online secrets to share?
Love, Mrs M xx